One of the reasons we love cycling is that it is accessible and cost effective. You don’t need expensive cycling gear to have fun on a bike. However, there is some important gear to consider to ensure your bike is safe and secure.
- Locking: Never use only a cable lock. Get a good U-lock or metal folding lock to secure your bike.
- Required Accessories:
- A steady front white light
- A flashing red rear light
- A bell
- A helmet
- Fenders: a pair of fenders are a great investment, as they keep you dry and clean. They are especially important if you want to avoid having to change clothes on your morning commute.
- Bicycle storage: check out storage solutions to keep your bicycle secure.
- Bike racks, panniers, and trailers: here is a handy guide for carrying everything from a small bike pump to a full set of camping gear.