The City of Victoria is having their annual budget meeting on Jan 16th and it is a great time to say yes to more bike lanes and more built faster. Almost five years down the line of building AAA bikeways in the city, we are behind schedule in providing comfortable, safe biking but have great strides.
Check out what is likely to happen in 2019:
What are we asking for?
The city has committed money already to building several new corridors: Wharf/Humboldt, Vancouver/Fifth, Richardson, Haultain and Harbour, but there are still dozens more kilometres to build. Council has also asked staff to finish the whole network by 2022.
But beyond the AAA bikeway network, we have heard from you that we also need to be looking at better bike parking and a spot improvement program for small fixes throughout the city.
So we’re asking council for the following:
- Commit to a complete AAA network by 2022
- Build better bike parking, especially in the downtown core where theft is all too common
- Create a spot improvement program like the City of Vancouver’s
How can you have your voice heard?
There are three options: send an email, fill out the survey and come in person
- Send an email with the form below. Remember to thank council for all the hard work that has been done before and keep it personal, with a note about how the AAA bikeway network has helped you already or will in the future
- Fill out the budget survey
- Come in person at 630pm on Jan 16th. You can RSVP via our Facebook event: